The loss of a job, the end of a relationship, the birth of a child or even the gradual changes that come with aging are all life transitions. Change is inherent in life, and learning hoe to deal effectively with change is vital for everyone. When going through a significant transition, people often experience unwanted emotions such as grief, anxiety, anger, or worry.Such emotions diminish their quality of life. If the revolving door of life’s events leaves you feeling overwhelmed, therapy can provide the tools to begin to heal, regain your confidence and approach life more positively.
Professional Guidance through Life’s Transitions
- The end of a marriage or relationship – I can help you address all the emotions and challenges that come after a divorce, breakup or the death of a loved one, including issues related to grief and loss, trust, love, vulnerability and lack of confidence.
- Beginning a new marriage or relationship – Having the right tools to begin a new marriage or form a new relationship can help you overcome obstacles early on instead of waiting until they appear insurmountable.
- A change in jobs, or the loss of a job – I can help you deal with self-esteem issues, as well as the personal identity and demands that are tied to your job.
- Empty nest syndrome – I can help you reestablish your relationship with your spouse after years of focusing on the needs of your children, and can also help you with letting go of your children as they grow up and move forward in their lives.
- The loss of community that comes with relocation – While relocating often involves the hopes of greater opportunity or financial advantages, losing strong connections and building new ones can sometimes be stressful.