As a native of Los Angeles, wife, and mother, the most important aspect of my work is creating a safe environment for you. In order for any relationship to thrive safety must exist at it’s foundation. It is only when we feel safe that we can truly be open and vulnerable about our past, our shame, our hopes, and our dreams. You will feel safe with me.
My approach to treatment is informed by psychodynamic theory especially attachment theory which has been substantiated by research to account for the quality of human relationships. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) informs my work on helping people to shift their anxious and self-negating thoughts and beliefs to more adaptive ones. Couple Counseling/Therapy has been shaped by Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples, developed by Sue Johnson.
Loving the work I do…
I love being a therapist. I am in constant awe of the capacity that humans have for self-transformation. I love watching my clients shift and change….shaking off old patterns and becoming the people they know themselves to be deep down. I am exceedingly privileged to do this work. My clients inspire me by their courage to show up to my office–because at a fundamental level they know they deserve, and can really have, a better life.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist LMFT#88864
- MFT Intern, private practice, supervised by Susan Speigel, LCSW
- MFT Intern at The Maple Counseling Center: Participated in the Adult Intake program and Adolescent program (A.C.T),
- MFT Trainee The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Westwood
- Member, CAMFT (California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists)
- Certified EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) Completion of Core Skills
I am currently completing my training in becoming a certified EFT Therapist, and in order to maintain my clinical effectiveness, I also continue to study new research and train in up-to-date interventions.
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, MA Clinical Psychology
- University of California, Los Angeles BA